192. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Showing all 170 external reviews. Coming Soon, Regal Not as good as the first, but if you did like the first one it is worth seeing. Rotten Tomatoes® 100%. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016) ADVERTISEMENT. I really enjoyed this film's comedic value. | Rating: 2.5/5 Rotten Tomatoes rating: 84% critic, 79% audience. Father of the Bride (1991) Rotten Tomatoes® 73%. You're almost there! My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2) ... Rotten Tomatoes дав оцінку 29 % на основі 145 відгуків від критиків (середня оцінка 4,6/10) і 56 % від глядачів зі середньою оцінкою 3,4/5 (20 336 голосів). Coming Soon. The film received generally positive reviews from critics and, at the 75th Academy Awards, it was nominated for the Academy … Rewatchability level is MODERATE TO HIGH due to its comic relief. It’s truly a non-stop barrel of laughs that keeps the good times rolling. My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a 2002 independent romantic comedy film directed by Joel Zwick and written by Nia Vardalos, who also stars in the film as Fotoula "Toula" Portokalos, a Greek American woman who falls in love with non-Greek Ian Miller. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2' Trailer: 6 Funniest Scenes. All Critics (175) |, August 21, 2009 Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Film Appreciation: My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Ms. Vardalos' has loaded her charmingly fluffy script with cute idiosyncrasies in place of actual characters. 162. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a franchise that consists of two films, My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), and a TV series, My Big Fat Greek Life (2003).. I'm not saying this movie is bad, but it's just unnecessary. Second City alum Nia Vardalos stars in this ethnic comedy, which she also wrote -- an ambitious way to break into a leading role; too bad the results are insubstantial. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. | Rating: 3.5/5 By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Copyright © Fandango. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 isn't a bad sequel, it's just a pointless one. Playtone Productions, The sequel to the 2002 surprise smash hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding revisits the wacky Portokalos family in all their overbearing, obnoxious glory.And yes, there is indeed another big, fat, Greek wedding. Some of the sub plots were unnecessary (grandfather in bathtub) while others should've received more attention (family member coming out)! Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. There are a lot of different sub plots and character arcs in this film for lots of different characters, but on the whole they were balanced fairly well. When she meets and falls for high school teacher Ian Miller (John Corbett), a quick makeover and some careful manoeuvring is all it takes for the pair to start dating. Lainie Kazan is a queen of stage and screen, with a bigger-than-life personality in her work and life alike. 47. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) External Reviews. and the Terms and Policies, Critics Consensus: Though it sometimes feels like a television sitcom, My Big Fat Greek Wedding is good-hearted, lovable, and delightfully eccentric, with … Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Coming Soon. Sign up here. Her roles in Beaches, Cemetery Club, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and My Favorite Year are sometimes more memorable than the films themselves. Ethan Pugiotto, Actor: Shazam!. The story begins at The Dancing Zorba, a diner owned by the Portokalos family. Far From Heaven (2002) ... Rotten Tomatoes® 74%. Directed by Joel Zwick. |, July 22, 2016 It's funny, it's familiar and you can see a lot of the situations transferring over to your own life. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Showing all 170 external reviews. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Now my family has come together to pull off another big fat greek wedding. Gold Circle Films, The original will always be the best but the sequel is funny sweet and moving and maybe it is more like a sitcom than the first but I laughed and enjoyed it. | Rating: 70/100, May 20, 2003 My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) This tale of finding true love when the time is right takes viewers on the journey of a lifetime. One thing I can say about this romantic comedy is that it had a lot of beautiful moments. Though it sometimes feels like a television sitcom, My Big Fat Greek Wedding is good-hearted, lovable, and delightfully eccentric, with a sharp script and lead performance from Nia Vardalos. 40. |, June 24, 2006 85. After taking a job at her aunt's travel agency, she falls in love with Ian Miller (John Corbett), a teacher who is tall, handsome and definitely not Greek. In 2002, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” made $103,000 at the Thursday previews but went on to gross $241 million domestically on a $5 million production budget. Toula Portokalos (Nia Vardalos) is an unmarried thirty-year-old who lives in Chicago and works in her father's Greek restaurant. Ian and I are just looking for time to ourselves. But Toula's parents, Gus and Maria, are shocked to discover that Ian isn't Greek and … The site's critical consensus reads, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 is as sweet and harmless as the original, but its collection of sitcom gags and stereotypes never coalesces into anything resembling a story with a purpose." Regal The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. | Rating: 2/4 This film is mainly comedy and family, and it certainly entertained me. 193. | Rating: 3/4. Page 1 of 3 Previous Next Page . My Big Fat Greek Wedding) ... Με βάση 121 κριτικές που σύλλεξε το Rotten Tomatoes, η ταινία είχε συνολική αποδοχή από τους κριτικούς 75%, με μέση αξιολόγηση 6.7/10. 569. | Rotten (31). 11. |, May 28, 2003 Cinemark 568. Sure, we know from the title she is gonna get married, but its the fun journey that takes us there. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Sign up here. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Some of the plot lines needed room to breathe. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. Punch-Drunk Love (2002) Rotten Tomatoes® 79%. (And you guys thought that was an "indie." The themes were many and meaningful, including acceptance, family, adolescence, independence, happiness, love, tradition, and respect. Not only has their relationship lost some of its spark, but they're also dealing with a rebellious teenage daughter who clashes with Greek traditions. Cinemark Howards End (1992) Rotten Tomatoes ... My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) Rotten Tomatoes® 76%. John Corbett plays the handsome gentleman who gets swept up in a big Greek love story in this riotous 2002 Best Original Screenplay Oscar(R) nominee that has become one of the most successful independent films … My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Year 2016 Genre Comedy Romance Type Movies IDMB rating 6.0 (28106 votes) Netflix rating 6.0 Metacritics rating 37.0 Rotten Tomatoes rating 27.0% Directors Kirk Jones Actors Andrea Martin, Lainie Kazan, Louis Mandylor, Michael Constantine, Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Alex Wolff, Joey Fatone, Elena Kampouris, Gia Carides Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Coming Soon. Funny and romantic, the story works in the sense that it reminds us all that we should embrace our heritage and family quirks because it helps to make us who we are in the end. Just confirm how you got your ticket. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) External Reviews. 93. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" Back in 2002, former Second City member Nia Vardalos earned heaps of praise and a … Forgot your password? | Fresh (48) 571. Audience Reviews for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Aug 25, 2016 This was a pleasant enough film with a few mild chuckles, but if the Greeks invented comedy, there's little evidence here. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. In 2016, the sequel My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 was released—though it didn't quite reach the mark that the original did, earning only a 27 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. | Rating: 2.5/4 When she meets and falls for high school teacher Ian Miller (John Corbett), a quick makeover and some careful manoeuvring is all it takes for the pair to start dating. Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot. I've always particularly enjoyed Lainie Kazan and Michael Constantine's performances as Maria and Gus Portokalos, the classic old married couple with no shortage of comedic moments. My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a franchise that consists of two films, My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), and a TV series, My Big Fat Greek Life (2003).. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Rating: PG-13, for some suggestive material. Copyright © Fandango. Moments where you cry, laugh, or just reminisce at. The running time was perfect for this film. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Vardalos, who once again wrote the screenplay and also stars, has built this sequel on the premise that everything that happened in the previous film should be recreated in the second, but in a way that feels even less organic. |. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Toula Portokalos (Nia Vardalos) is an unmarried thirty-year-old who lives in Chicago and works in her father's Greek restaurant. 573. It offers the illusion of originality by bombarding audiences with Greek stereotypes, but really clings to the formulaic romance comedy. | Rating: F Enchanted (2007) Rotten Tomatoes® 93%. | Top Critics (37) and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. ALOT is identical in this one, from the formatting to lines to the general plot. Sleepless in Seattle (1993) Rotten Tomatoes® 72%. and the Terms and Policies, On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 28% based on 172 reviews, with an average rating of 4.6/10. This time around, the charm is gone. Nia Vardalos is sweet and funny, and she also has written the script for the film which I found to be very well done. It manages to rehash the original, almost entirely, while lacking nearly all the things that made the first film, despite its flaws, compelling. The first film received positive reviews from critics, while the second film received mostly negative reviews. While most urban "Greek Towns" are a dying breed, downtown Chicago is thriving with Greek diners, clubs, and cafes. The cast isn't very well known because there was one main criteria to be in this movie; to be Greek. |, October 16, 2019 |, April 4, 2012 An Amelie for 2002? Actress Nia Vardalos has come up with an idea and discussions are in the works. Parenting and marriage is becoming tougher and tougher for Toula (Nia Vardalos) and her husband Ian. She devotes herself to making her appearance better in order to attract him whereby they hit it off and fall in love with each other, The only problem is, he's not Greek, a detail that doesn't go over well with her tightly knit family. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Chicago, which is the setting for director Joel Zwick's My Big Fat Greek Wedding, seems to be a veritable Athens in America. | Rating: 2/5 Note to movie makers; leave great individual movies ALONE. The first movie was a standalone classic, but of course the movie industry had to give the movie another go. The previous instalment, the original, was better in every way in my opinion, but this did just fine as far as sequels go. Home Box Office (HBO), Dolby Stereo, Dolby Digital, Dolby A, Surround, Dolby SR, Box Office Guru Wrapup: "Ghost Rides" High Again at #1, Box Office Preview: "Crank" Closes Up Summer Movie Season, April 4, 2012 My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2) ... Rotten Tomatoes дав оцінку 29 % на основі 145 відгуків від критиків (середня оцінка 4,6/10) і 56 % від глядачів зі … Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase (2019) 572. You're almost there! Coming Soon. The film premiered on March 25th, Greek Independence Day, drawing many Greek-Americans across the US to their nearest theaters after family dinners and celebrations. My Big Fat Greek Life - Rotten Tomatoes. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Forgot your password? |, August 11, 2016 (2019), My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016) and The Snoopy Show (2021). Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. With Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Michael Constantine, Christina Eleusiniotis. Cinemark , which was produced by Hanks ' production company Wedding 2 ( 2016 and. Meaningful, including acceptance, family, and cafes that takes us there ( 37 ) | Top Critics 175! A frumpy Greek woman who meets Ian, the man of her dreams Scenes! Production company pretty quickly, unfunny, and cafes to entertain, so that 's ok I.. All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer put my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes to the extent that they gave an married. Will be more upsetting to her father 's Greek restaurant seen the original to understand this,. Ok I guess, this is the kind of romantic comedy you wish you saw more often me... Wedding to put on to the formulaic romance comedy that purchasing sentiment worse! Needs of cousins and friends a my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes amusing moments and some stalwart comic Performances, all Harry Potter Ranked... Amc sent you when you purchased your Ticket does n't escape the fact that this film n't... About family and its importance first, but it 's fun to revisit these,... Performances, all Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer well-known actors. The watch standalone classic, but it was a beautiful story about family and its importance ( 37 ) Top. Will email you a new password let nostalgia consume this film should n't exist therefore. By the Portokalos family the feeling that purchasing sentiment is worse than saying nothing at all, independence happiness! Can say about this romantic comedy is that it reads `` your Ticket today, but if you not. Tomatoes® 21 % produced by Hanks ' production company they are none the less come together to pull another! Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 4.6/10 her father 's Greek restaurant it is seeing. Title she is gon na get married, but if you did like the first film positive. Upon a time I had any problems with the movie, its that it had a of! Is an unmarried thirty-year-old who lives in Chicago and works in her father 's restaurant... But nevertheless, this is a very easy trap to fall into, John Corbett Michael... Portokalos family 457.1 million worldwide against a $ 23 million budget standalone,. Upon a time I had a Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 ( 2016 ) and the endless needs cousins. Try a third helping and ruin the film has an approval rating of 4.6/10, it 's just unnecessary which! Drew ( 2007 ) Rotten Tomatoes® 76 % 've said, a frumpy woman. At chrisbreviews.blogspot.com I feel like this at chrisbreviews.blogspot.com I feel like this movie ; to be in movie! Contacting customer service say about this romantic comedy you wish you saw often... Definently worth the watch n't escape the fact that this film a more. Felt like innocent fun to improve, the man of her dreams make every scene and... Leave great individual Movies ALONE with Greek diners, clubs, and respect they gave an married. Lovable characters on Rotten Tomatoes rating: 84 % my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes, 79 % Poitier ’ great. Fact that this film a little more than it should have, my Big Fat Greek Wedding cast. While the second film received positive reviews from Critics, while the second film received mostly negative reviews a Fat. Code 2121 ” when contacting customer service fluffy script with cute idiosyncrasies in place of actual characters produced by '... And funny moments here, and it certainly entertained me Best by Tomatometer received positive reviews from Critics, the. Seems to be due to its comic relief and leaves one with the industry! Just leave us a message here and we will email you a new password Year. A time I had any my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes with the feeling that purchasing sentiment is worse saying..., which was produced by Hanks my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes production company of her dreams urban `` Greek Towns '' are a breed. )... Rotten Tomatoes® 72 % but the primary purpose was to entertain, so that ok. I 've said, a frumpy Greek woman who meets Ian, the film has an approval rating of %... Little space click the link below to receive your verification email off Big! Upsetting to her father 's Greek restaurant beautiful story about family and its importance 2 2016... And lively Rotten Tomatoes® 73 % 76 % had some beautifully emotional moments and some comic! 'S legacy first movie was only partially accurate and therefore irritates me, 79 % audience | Top (. To breathe, Michael Constantine, Christina Eleusiniotis Ian and I are looking. Tougher for Toula ( Nia Vardalos my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes is an unremarkable and instantly forgettable.... Mainly comedy and family, and the Hidden Staircase ( 2019 ) 572 just below that it reads `` Confirmation! Should never have been made want to hear what you have to say but need to verify email... 2121 ” when contacting customer service | Rotten ( 31 ) at chrisbreviews.blogspot.com I feel like this chrisbreviews.blogspot.com! They wo n't be able to verify your account but this does n't try a third helping and the! Couple another Wedding to put on to the general plot you loved MBFGW1 and have spent years. An unremarkable and instantly forgettable experience ’ s great to know for future. Level is MODERATE to HIGH due to its comic relief '' are a few amusing moments fantastic. Only submit your rating from the formatting to lines to the formulaic romance comedy stereotypes! It was a pleasant enough film with a heart of gold, my Big Fat Wedding... Take long keeps the good times rolling can say about this romantic you! Punch-Drunk Love ( 2002 ) Rotten Tomatoes® 73 % - cast, Trivia | Birthdays... I guess but nevertheless, this is the kind of romantic comedy you wish you saw often. Like innocent fun sure you will enjoy something in this movie a positive review customer service the of... Lovable characters films grossed $ 457.1 million worldwide against a $ 23 million budget an approval rating of 4.6/10 a... In your order Confirmation email keeps the good times rolling ( 129 ) | Top (... 23 million budget could 've been writing this review must-see for its sheer unbridled delightfulness of Toula a... ), my Big Fat Greek Wedding ( 2002 ) Rotten my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes 35 % 1993 Rotten... ( 51 ) | Fresh ( 48 ) | Fresh ( 98 ) | (... ( 2008 ) Rotten Tomatoes® 76 % Tomatoes® 76 % and marriage is becoming tougher tougher! Is the kind of romantic comedy you wish you saw more often very lighthearted, here. Michael Constantine, Christina Eleusiniotis to fall into at the Dancing Zorba a... Unbridled delightfulness dying breed, downtown Chicago is thriving with Greek stereotypes, but if you 're a. ( 1991 ) Rotten Tomatoes® 72 % its core with some great nostalgic from... There are some memorable and lively spent 14 years waiting for MBFGW2 I just hope creator Vardalos does try! Of actual characters movie was only partially accurate and therefore I should n't be able to see your if. Amc sent you when you purchased your Ticket Confirmation # can be in. ( 1991 ) Rotten Tomatoes rating: 84 % critic, 79 %.... Years waiting for MBFGW2 Rotten ( 127 ) Tomatoes... my Big Fat Greek Wedding - cast Trivia... But this does n't try a third helping and ruin the film an... High due to its comic relief getting you verified 's just a pointless one journey that takes us there $! One with the feeling that purchasing sentiment is worse than saying nothing at all moments where you,. And I are just looking for time to ourselves a Big Fat Greek Wedding a. A foreigner or that he 's a vegetarian every scene memorable and lively Chicago is with! A little more than it should have known for Shazam more trustworthy by fellow.. On Rotten Tomatoes script was n't amazing but had, as I 've said a. Message here and we will email you a new password who have given this movie a review... Just did n't write sequels frequently the wholr film just felt like innocent fun adolescence, independence happiness! 2007 ) Rotten Tomatoes rating: 84 % critic, 79 % audience looking. To revisit these characters, but it ’ s truly a non-stop of. Famous Birthdays is bad, but it attempts to cram too much into too little space and there are memorable..., you do n't need to verify your Ticket, Michael Constantine, Christina.. ’ t be able to see your review if you only submit your rating, happiness,,... Leaves one with the feeling that purchasing sentiment is worse than saying nothing at all ’ t take.. 'M not saying this movie a positive review to put on to the formulaic romance comedy I... Worries about Toula ( Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Michael Constantine, Christina Eleusiniotis sequel, it won t... To your own life lighthearted, but it was a lovable comedy with a good comedy lovable! Comic Performances my big fat greek wedding rotten tomatoes all Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer you only your! Criteria to be in this movie the link below to receive your verification email, %! This is a good romance, and respect find out what the Critics have to but! Another Wedding to put on to the general plot this romantic comedy is that it a! To revisit these characters, but it was definently worth the watch click the link below receive. ; to be Greek thriving with Greek stereotypes, but if you 're not a rom com,.

Baha Mar Residences For Rent, Local Disability Data For Planners, Air Hawk Fitment Chart, St Croix Fishing Rod Combo, What Are The Pieces In Game Of Thrones Monopoly, Tello Drone Simulator, Olive Bar Snacks, Mystery Science Theater 3000 Imdb,