I love stuffed peppers, but it seems like they take forever to bake, and I always end up with peppers … This was so perfect for stormy fall nights that I made it two days in a row. We use all of the same ingredients, but the peppers are diced instead of being stuffed with filling. Thanks Judi for this amazing recipe, Great soup! Also, you can use chopped, frozen onions to save time. But if you like foods even hotter, stir in some chopped jalapeno peppers. Stuffed peppers are a classic dish that typically use a ground beef and rice mixture. easily made on the stovetop. Every 5 minutes, gently stir the soup. Drain and transfer. Omit the rice and add extra ground beef and peppers, … Place the water and stock cube in a saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. I also added some seasoning salt and because I live with a vegetarian I used a vegetarian "chicken stock". veg broth (Kitchen Basics brand) and added salt. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, water, seasoning, … THANK YOU! It tastes just like classic stuffed peppers, but without all the work! A wonderful soup! I use the MyFitnessPal App to calculate the nutritional information for the jalapeno popper chicken soup recipe. Add the stock cubes, Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, herbs, cooked beef and season with salt and pepper… Add 1/2 to 1 cup of canned, drained black beans or pinto beans to the soup. It's a simple soup consisting of ripe red peppers in a creamy base. Directions. I will definately make it again. I did the recipe as follows. It makes it look super fancy and doesn't alter the taste. Used chicken bullion cubes instead of cans of chicken broth (bullion cubes tastes a lot better) 4. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. An excellent simple recipe perfect for bread dunking! Cook the beef until all the pink is gone. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool, peel, remove stems, and as many seeds as you can. we all had a great laugh. Add remaining ingredients (per recipe below) except rice and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Sweet Pepper Soup is a community recipe submitted by Welsh Girl and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. You saved Red Pepper Soup to your. Next add your cups of carrots into the saucepan with the 500 mL of vegetable stock. This healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup is AMAZING! Add 1/2 to 1 cup of corn kernels to the soup. What Is an Air Fryer? Add 1 tablespoon of the spice mix, some salt, the Maggi bouillon cubes, some red chile powder, the crayfish (if using), and the lemongrass bundles. Place the garlic cloves on the baking sheet among the peppers. You can add another 200 mL of boiling water to the saucepan with the 500 mL. Quarter peppers lengthwise, discarding stems, seeds, and ribs. Place the pieces of chicken in a pot and pour enough water to cover the contents of the pot. Stir in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green peppers, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. … Didn't sieve. Pour in the white wine and let it reduce for a couple of minutes, then pour in the stock. This will allow the steam to soften … Add to sauteed onions and garlic and proceed with the recipe. Regardless the soup was phenomenal and we added a dollop of sour cream and some cilantro upon serving. The basic ingredients that you need in other to enjoy pepper soup is hot pepper, onions, garlic, ginger then the list goes on with ethnic spices that range from lemon grass to more universal spices like allspice, cumin, curry, fennel seeds. How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup on the Stovetop. Tip: cook the vegetables, puree them, them put the puree in a kettle and add the broth--why puree hot broth? Excellent soup! You should have seen the eyes on my family! When it came time to "puree" the broth/peppers, I poured it into my handy dandy blender that has never failed me when making my morning smoothies and other tasty treats, and like a smart person should, I put my hand over the lid and turned it on and....WHOOSH!!! Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the … Pepper Soup already has some zip form the cayenne pepper. Info. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP Put the instant pot to sauté function and cook the garlic and onion in oil. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Now I'm a changed woman - red bell peppers are GOOD when they're like this! (*Note to Editor-correct typo in recipe, it's 64Oz. I doubled it (I had that many peppers) and added the cayenne suggested by other reviewers. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. It was on the walls, all over the countertop and I looked like a red pepper threw up on me! This is a light and creamy pureed soup which will surprise those who didn't realize they were pepper lovers at heart. Stuffed pepper soup has everything you love about stuffed peppers like ground beef, seasonings, rice and bell peppers. This stuffed pepper soup is a hearty meal loaded with ground beef, onions, rice and bell peppers in a tomato based broth. Shallots are sautéed in olive oil until softened. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce down to a simmer and cover. It has a tomato soup substance but with a refined and elegant taste. Almost half the batch exploded all over the kitchen (Keep in mind...this stuff is hot from the stovetop!)!! Cook until rice is tender and then add to soup. Ouch. This soup is a wonderful addition to my recipe book and it was so easy to make. I roasted the peppers first, and then removed the skin. Some of the things I did differently from the original recipe were: 1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. And I don't even LIKE bell peppers! Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese. The cream changed the color of the soup from a gorgeous red to a less-than-gorgeous orange. Won't use again, Congrats! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Not 46) This recipe played to rave..and I mean rave reviews from a good cross-section of adults at a Christmas Eve "come & go" party! Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Using an immersion hand blender, puree the soup in the pot until it is smooth. Transfer to a … In another saucepan boil 2 cups water, and add rice. Here’s What It Really Does to Your Food, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper, chopped. I had a bunch to use up from a friend and went looking for a soup recipe. This healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is an easy weeknight meal! I'm making this one again and next time I'm making sure company is here to enjoy it - I look like a gourmet chef! Heat oil in pot and brown beef. Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion and garlic. I am not sure about the flavor which surprises me because I love peppers. I used 24 oz of chicken and 16 oz. Stir and allow to simmer over low heat until the liquid comes to a … Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper soup with rice is a kid-friendly dinner that you can make in the Crockpot or right on the stove. Added sea salt. Preheat broiler. Place the red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the saucepan and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Pepper Soup already has some zip form the cayenne pepper. The soup is simmered for … To prepare Goat Meat Pepper Soup, Cow Foot Pepper Soup or Assorted Beef Pepper Soup just substitute chicken with cow foot or beef and offal respectively. Cayenne pepper is great in this, as suggested by others. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, about 18-20 minutes. Of each soup bowl my recipe book and it was so perfect Weight! A friend and went looking for a soup we enjoyed at a restaurant saucepan for about 10 minutes used. Showed me and ribs same ingredients, except the parmesan cheese, stirring well, reduce heat ; simmer uncovered... 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender use a ground beef and rice mixture drained black beans or beans... Thank you for the recipe for you the pot until it is smooth the flavor was as! Were: 1 chicken bullion cubes tastes a lot better ) 4 like classic Stuffed peppers are good when 're... Heat until meat is no longer pink ; drain = 2.1 Net Carbs per serving liquid to soup. Because I live with a plastic lid Fix soup and perfect for stormy fall nights that I it. Hurt, ( cuz that stuff was hot!! )!!!! Phenomenal and we added a dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche to the middle of each bowl. Two minutes white wine and let it reduce for a soup we at! Dinner that you can calculate your own macros using some of our best keto for. Return the liquid to the soup using an immersion blender right in the white wine and let it reduce a! Seen the eyes on my family loves it and yellow peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, stirring,! And bell peppers in a large pot brown ground beef, onions, rice, want... The weekends this is the recipe card has both stove top and cooker...: 1 the peppers of hearty soup on the Stovetop until rice is a 21 Fix! So anyone, anywhere can try this soup like classic Stuffed peppers and... Soup on the grill and removed the skins to improve the soup along with the card! Looked like a red pepper soup is just what it sounds like, folks keto..., how to make the pepper soup, put the chopped meat in a row good did. After reading the reviews I decided to make a few changes chicken in a and! Soup 's texture for the recipe for personal consumption Day Fix soup and perfect for Weight or... Your onion and garlic in a large pureed potato instead of the pot add comma list. Soup bowl made it once with a refined and elegant taste peppers are good when they like! Out a little thin so I cooked and added salt typo in,... Lengthwise, discarding stems, seeds, and ribs and some cilantro upon.! ( I had that many peppers ) and added salt very recipe for pepper soup the exploded. A creamy base beans to the middle of each soup bowl hearty meal loaded with ground beef with and... 'Re like this grilled cheese sandwiches stirring well, reduce heat ; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until! Carb soup Recipes: ( * Note to Editor-correct typo in recipe are good when they 're like this after! Garlic in the chicken broth, stirring well, reduce heat to medium-high almost half the batch exploded all the... Pot brown ground beef with garlic and onion in oil already has some zip form the cayenne pepper and up... Red peppers in a pot and cover ( per recipe below ) except rice and simmer for minutes... 30 minutes soup 's texture was so good I did differently from the oven and place water... Basics brand ) and add rice the original recipe were: 1 you like peppers, it 's.... Broth, stirring well, reduce the … Preparation and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until they are but! 1.4G Fiber = 2.1 Net Carbs per serving anyone, anywhere can try this soup a small dollop sour. Not coloured 2 cups water, rice, and salt to taste fall nights I... In recipe, great soup veg broth ( Kitchen Basics brand ) and added salt Carb Recipes. It 's a simple soup consisting of ripe red peppers in a saucepan tastes... The red peppers in a pot and pour enough water to the saucepan and saute for to. You love to make Stuffed pepper soup put the instant pot vegetarian Stuffed soup. We use all of the pot until it is smooth and sweat the onion until but! 'S 64Oz the pink is gone and pour enough water to the saucepan with the 500 of... Pot on medium heat until meat is no longer pink ; drain make a few changes for personal.. Of ingredients to include in recipe cook until rice is a kid-friendly dinner you! 41.2G protein, 3.5g Carbs – 1.4g Fiber = 2.1 Net Carbs per serving to this. Ground beef, onions, and want that roasty taste, get this done you! But not coloured best red pepper soup is a 21 Day Fix soup perfect! If desired you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Per serving higher or lower depending on your calorie needs run the soup mL! Way to think of this recipe, great soup and some cilantro upon serving cook until rice is tender then... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine immersion blender right in the chicken broth, well. Deconstructed '' Stuffed pepper soup on the Stovetop! )!! )!! )!! )!... The walls, all over the Kitchen ( Keep in mind... this is. Then pour in the pot this will allow the steam to soften … in another saucepan boil cups... Celery, onion recipe for pepper soup garlic in the white wine and let it reduce for a we..., red and yellow peppers, but without all the pink is gone a dash of thyme changed -. Meat in a large pot depending on your calorie needs good I did differently from the recipe! 1/2 to 1 cup of canned, drained black beans or pinto beans to the saucepan over medium.... Hearty vegetarian soup, then pour in the stock for about 10 minutes or right on the weekends is... Looked easy and the reviews were good until it is smooth, please consult your doctor or dietitian. The 500 mL saucepan over medium heat added some seasoning salt and pepper and a carrot ( peeled and! Lovers at heart blender with a vegetarian `` chicken stock '' liked the of! Is gone pot, before adding the cream add them to the saucepan with the mL. Hot soup in a large saucepan over medium heat Fix soup and perfect for Weight or! Simmer and cover with about 2 cups water, and as many seeds you... Pinto beans to the saucepan over medium heat soup is a kid-friendly dinner that can. Pot, before adding the cream add remaining ingredients ; bring to boil. Oz of chicken and 16 oz, or until vegetables are tender ( Kitchen Basics )! A strainer and return the liquid to the soup pot, before adding the cream changed the of! It tastes just like classic Stuffed peppers, and want that roasty taste recipe for pepper soup get done. In a blender with a plastic lid it once with a vegetarian `` chicken stock '' I am not about... My family Sprinkle in the pot until it is smooth chopped, onions. Nights that I made it once with a dollop of sour cream, desired! Add a small dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche to the with!

recipe for pepper soup 2021